As a Christian comprehensive university of liberal arts and professional studies, informed by its evangelical persuasion and Pentecostal heritage, WCU affairs the following confession of faith. We believe:
- The Bible to be the inspired and only infallible and authoritative Word of God
- That there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in his virgin birth, in his sinless life, in his miracles, in his vicarious and atoning death, in his bodily resurrection, in his ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in his personal, future return to this earth in power and glory to rule over the nations.
- That the only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the precious blood of Christ.
- That regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for personal salvation
- That the redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides healing of the human body in answer to believing prayer.
- That the baptism in the Holy Spirit, according to Acts, is given to believers who ask for it
- In the sanctifying power of the Holy Sprit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a holy life.
- In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, the one to everlasting life and the other to everlasting damnation.